Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1) - Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Lucia Graves My boss has just seen it on my desk and said: you're reading the Shit Of The Wind?? Stop now! I will save you. Just stop now before you start enjoying it. You will like it while you're reading it and then it will mean nothing to you afterwards. It's literary Pinot Grigio! (Can you tell I am working in fine wine business?). Now I am afraid to like it.-----------Ok, I finally got round to writing this review. Unfortunately I don't remember much about this book. And it is significant because I read it only a month ago. I should be able to remember SOMETHING?Initially I thought it would be the kind of book I would scorn at for being poor excuse for literature but also secretely love and read in one day because of the gripping story.As for the style, I think it was ok. I think I thought it was ok, because I don't remember. But the story? What was the story about? Some young boys falling in love with your girls and they all liked reading books.I didn't care for anybody in this book, I was not convinced by the drama and I just really don't understand what the fuss was about.Even when then big secret is revealed at the end of the book, I was so jaded I almost missed it altogether.The only interesting concept in the book was the Cemetery of Forgotten Book and it was completely underdeveloped. That's the only thing I knew about this book before I started reading it. I felt like I was promised something amazing and magical and got cheated.